Katya Zamolodchikova, star of RuPaul’s Drag Race, is coming to National Student Pride, on 25 February 2017 – and she wants you!
Katya, who finished fifth in season seven of Drag Race then went on to participate in All Stars 2, and was a runner up. Famed for her gymnastic routines, her odd personality and awesome rap verse in Read U Wrote u leaves an impression wherever she goes.
And following on from last year’s Student Pride, where Alaska hosted and judged an incredible lip sync battle, Katya will be hosting and judging a talent extravaganza. We can’t think of anyone better to cast their eye over the flair and aptitude of the best UK LGBT+ students and what they have to offer than the first lady of Russia.
Guests can also expect a performance from the queen herself.
So here’s the gig – got a talent and want to show Katya? Then click on the link and apply for the opportunity to be in breathing distance of the lady herself.
Here’s how the show will run:
- Each performer has 1min 30secs to present their chosen talent
- Three judges, including Katya, will have a buzzer to press if they want an act to go through
- Katya will open the show with a stunning gymnastic routine
- Up to nine acts will be chosen to perform from those who apply
- The final will consist of three acts and the judges have to state their case for why their choice should win
- Audience picks the winner
Grab your tickets for National Student Pride now. The festivities kick off on Friday 24 February with hosts drag queen Mary Mac and drag king Adam All, and close on Sunday 26 with an LGBT film screening. This year’s theme is #LetsTalkAboutSex.