He was the all-dancing, all-ab-flashing newcomer that had our feet (and hearts) a-flutter all through the autumn, and we’re thrilled to announce that Strictly Come Dancing’s Gleb Savchenko is Attitude’s new cover guy – and even better, it’s available to download now!
Gleb quickly caught viewers’ eyes on the latest series of the BBC competition, and over a sizzling 10-page spread the Russian-born professional dancer admits that he enjoys the attention he’s received from the gay community since making his UK TV debut last September.
“I’ll take being a sex symbol for gay men”, he says. “It feels great. But it does make me think ‘Oh, I need to work out and eat healthy to keep my body in check!'”
As well as his home country’s highly-publicised anti-gay crackdown and and same-sex dance couples, Gleb also discusses making his way world of dance as a straight man and why ballroom should be for everybody.
“I remember I started dacing and all the boys were like ‘Why?’ But I was always a ‘bad boy’ at school, so I didn’t get bullied”, he tells us.
The 31-year-old adds: “There are a lot of gay men in the dance industry. From a very young age most of my teachers were gay and we’re great friends. It’s not about preferences; it’s about love.
Also in this special travel issue, alongside all your usual news, reviews, fashion and real life stories:
- Celebs including Kieron Richardson, Brian Friedman, Jeremy Sheffield and Jodie Harsh share their best travel tips and experiences.
- We go gaga for go-gos as we delve into the scantily-clad world of male go-go dancing with four of the scene’s biggest performers including Imma/Mess, Archangel, Ted Rogers and Fred Sausage.
- We chat to Deadpool star Ed Skrein about swapping rap for acting and his role as the villainous Ajax in Marvel’s eagerly-anticipated new superhero installment.
- Harvey Milk’s nephew Stuart Milk reveals how he’s carrying on his uncle’s legacy 37 years after the LGBT icon’s death.
- World-renowned DJ Seth Troxler talks London’s club scene and opens up about the real man behind the decks.
Photography: Mark Cant
Styling: Joseph Kocharian,
Grooming: Marco Antonio