Stream Publishing has a vacancy for a Magazine Art Editor/Director role on Attitude magazine, the world’s leading LGBTQ media brand.
In addition to publishing Attitude, Stream is a fast-developing media and content production agency working with diverse brands like Vauxhall and SPAR.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Design experience: 5 years (Required)
Based: Dormansland, Surrey, UK
Hours: 9am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday
Benefits: 25 days paid annual leave per calendar year
Salary: Based on experience
All Stream titles are available in print and digitally as a web-based page-turning magazine or to download on iPhone/iPad or Android.
An ability to work across multiple formats will be a distinct advantage, and experience in the Adobe suite of products including InDesign and Photoshop essential.
The ideal candidate would also have knowledge in websites, App design and HTML.
- Design covers, features and regular pages for Attitude magazine
- Source images for use in Attitude magazine
- Work with the editorial team on photoshoot concepts/creative, and attend cover/editorial shoots as required (where possible)
- Manage production flow between editorial team, sub-editor and design team
- Supervise and assist with design of the digital/tablet edition of Attitude magazine
- Work with the digital team to create assets for Attitude social platforms
- Supervise other designers
- Additional design as required for Stream Publishing Ltd
We are seeking candidates who are bright, engaging and personable, have a background in the publishing industry with a portfolio that demonstrates this, who will contribute to a lively office environment and enjoy both the workload necessary to achieve success and the satisfaction derived from a job well done.
- Expert knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- A flair for design and creativity
- A connection to current trends
- An understanding of Attitude, its history and industry-leading brand
- Knowledge or experience of the gay/bi/queer/pansexual male audience
- An understanding of the LGBTQ+ community, its sensitivities and history
- Proven experience working on a monthly or regular magazine title
- Awareness of key social media and digital platforms
- Ability to work under pressure and in a small multi-tasking team
- Experience managing other designers
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, CV and portfolio featuring examples of work to [email protected] by midnight on Monday 24 May 2021.