Though Attitude magazine has remained steadfast in print, publishing uninterrupted every four weeks since the outbreak of the pandemic, our online and social platforms – on account of stellar written and video content – have seen significant growth in reader numbers.
And so we’re on the hunt for a new full-time online writer, who will also be required to work on the print magazine too.
We’re looking for someone who can produce original content and write on a broad range of subjects - from entertainment and current affairs to fashion and politics - with creativity and flair and who can crack on independently and as part of the wider team.
Is that you? Can you craft sharp, sassy copy on the run, yet also turn your skills to covering the biggest and most serious LGBTQ stories of the day? Are you at one with the LGTBQ community? Have you an eye for a story and the main chance? If so, we need to hear from you, as our audience awaits.
Salary is dependent on experience (and this role does demand some previous experience) but we’re a cool employer offering a decent basic, five weeks’ holiday, pension and some other nice benefits. You know, all the important stuff.
We’re based in Surrey, 45 minutes south of Clapham by train, in air-conditioned offices with a view, though currently working from home.
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
- Two years’ experience of working on a news or entertainment website
- Experience using a content management system
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media
- Proven ability to create interesting and exciting news stories
- Experience in writing creative copy and in writing to briefs
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent understanding of LGBTQ issues and the sensitivities around them
- An ability to undertake research using a variety of sources
- Skills in multi-tasking and prioritising work schedules
Please send a CV and cover letter, and examples of written/published work, to [email protected]. Deadline for applications is Monday 15 February 2021.