is Europe’s best-selling gay publication.
Its sister title, Winq
(the luxury lifestyle magazine for gay men), is the world’s biggest gay title.
We are recruiting a second, full-time Web Editor
to work across two sparkling new websites – one for Attitude
, one for Winq
– that launch shortly.
So here’s the BIG question: is that you
? Can you craft sharp, sassy copy on the run? Have you an eye for a story and the main chance? Can you sift the jewels from which to make compelling content from among the daily detritus?
If so, we need to hear from you, our audience awaits.
Salary is dependent on experience
, but we’re a cool employer offering a good basic, five weeks’ holiday, pension and some other nice benefits. You know, all the important stuff.
Talking of which, here’s the low-down:
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce original content and writing on a broad range of subjects of interest to readers of Attitude and Winq;
- Source images and artwork;
- Commission other writers, commentators and photographers where necessary and manage all aspects of other site contributors;
- Liaise with other members of the editorial team, the advertising sales team and technical support;
- Maintain the site and ensure information is accurate;
- Work with the commercial team to exploit wider opportunities;
- Ensure that content is added to the website news channel on a regular basis throughout the day;
- Promote said content across social media platforms;
- Work with the print magazines’ editorial teams to adapt content from the magazines for the website;
- Manage any freelance support and the online editorial budget to ensure seven-day publishing, including bank holidays;
- Assist in the incorporation of advertising content;
- Ensure a regular flow of content across Attitude and Winq’s social media channels, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- Sub-edit all content that appears on the site;
- Ensure the site’s daily traffic targets are met;
- Excellent judgment required on tone, in keeping with Attitude and Winq’s separate and distinct editorial voices.
And here’s what might give us a clue you can do this thing:
Required knowledge and experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV, cover letter and examples of written/published work to [email protected]
Deadline for applications is Monday 13 February 2017.
- Two years’ experience of working on a news or entertainment website;
- Experience of using a content management system;
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media;
- Proven ability to create interesting and exciting news stories and campaigns;
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- An understanding of the LGBT media marketplace and of the sensitivities around gay and gay-related issues;
- Be able to undertake research using a variety of sources;
- Be creative, able to alter the style of writing to reflect the Attitude and Winq readerships;
- Be able to multi-task and prioritise work schedules;
- Be computer-literate and possess good keyboard skills;
- Be able to create schedules and agree deadlines;
- Be able to follow style guidelines and a client brief.