Words: Attitude staff; Image: Attitude
Attitude, the UK and Europe’s best-selling gay magazine and the world’s biggest LGBTQ media brand, is seeking a Social Media Producer to work across multiple platforms.
Working closely with the Online Writer and Features Editor, the Social Media Producer will ultimately report to the Digital Editor.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative self-starter with an enthusiasm for social-led storytelling and a broad understanding of the social media and publishing landscape.
You will be adept at bringing copy, images and video together to tell stories via social and have a strong creative vision for each of Attitude’s individual platforms.
You will work collaboratively across the print, digital and commercial teams to ideate, uplift and repurpose new and existing editorial content for a global audience, designed to drive a balance of both growth and engagement.
You will also sometimes assist as a social videographer at shoots and will manage some relationships with influencers, PRs and external high-value social accounts.
- Develop unique and memorable content, formats and series for our social platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and Reddit
- Populate weekly and monthly reports on social performance and growth, consistently evaluating and reimagining Attitude’s content in line with audience intelligence
- Repurpose magazine articles for social channels and website
- Build a network of relationships with influencers, talent and PRs to amplify Attitude’s content and stories
- Work with the Commercial team to respond to briefs and ideate commercial content, plus help with paid media and social boosting
- Assist the Digital team with Attitude’s direct marketing, data and newsletter requirements on an ad hoc basis
- Work as part of the Digital Production team to cover events and awards
- Ensure all social content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- You live and breathe social media, which is where you get most of your news, gossip and entertainment
- As well as consuming lots of social media content, you are abreast of new trends, analytics and paid media, as well as new and rising platforms
- You have a keen interest in music, film, TV and pop culture, plus a passion for visual storytelling
- You understand Attitude’s digital platforms and the wider digital publishing landscape
- A self-shooter, or willing to learn, with an understanding of how to make the best out of editorial opportunities
- Willingness to work some flexible shifts where required, including some evenings and weekends
Skills and experience
- Experience building social audiences across multiple platforms
- Strong understanding of social performance tools and analytics
- Previous experience in a publisher or magazine environment
- Strong copy-writing ability and experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience using scheduling and social listening tools
- Adobe After Effects skills
- Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro skills
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, social team environment
Please send your CV and cover letter along with examples of work such as writing portfolio, link to website, showreel or self-produced video, Instagram and other social media content to [email protected].
Attitude is published by Stream, who are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.