Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats) and Disney, two brands that both understand how music inspires imagination, today announce a collaboration celebrating the "true original" with Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary Edition Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones.
- The cool-gray, on-ear wireless headphone features an all-over design resurrecting Mickey Mouse's iconic pose worn by music legends throughout the era
- Whether you’re playing your favorite Disney soundtrack or heading to one of Disney’s parks, music lovers on-the-go will appreciate Fast Fuel that provides 3 hours of playback after just 5 minutes of charging
- Stay comfortable no matter what. The cushioned, pivoting ear cups adjust so you can customize your fit for all-day listening comfort
- Keep the magic going with award-winning sound with up to an incredible 40 hours of battery life
- The Apple W1 chip provides an easy one-step Bluetooth connection and the added ability to toggle seamlessly between iCloud-registered devices
- The special-edition headphones also come with a unique, custom felt case inspired by the materials from Mickey Mouse ear hats plus a collectible 90th Anniversary pin and decal sticker
Mickey Mouse in Music
As a brand born from the music industry, Beats joined efforts with Disney to recognize how the world’s most famous Disney icon has left his mark on the artist community over his 90 years.
Beginning with Steamboat Willie (1928), Mickey Mouse made his debut in Disney’s first synchronized sound cartoon.
He later starred in his most famous musical piece, Fantasia (1940), a critical masterpiece composed of eight animated segments of classical music that has long inspirited generations.
Disney’s variety show The Mickey Mouse Club (1955) was then created in his honor, leading to the emergence of several “mousketeers” turned early-aughts pop stars.
Mickey Mouse eventually got his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1978 — deservedly joining other major contributors to the music and entertainment industry — and has made appearances on the shirts of countless music icons of the past and present.
When Walt Disney said the words above, he emphasised how much of Disney was established on the introduction of Mickey Mouse in 1928.
The collaboration’s campaign builds on this idea by looking at the origin stories of young artists including British singer-songwriter Anne-Marie, American rapper Lil Yachty, Chinese actress Zhou Dongyu and Japanese pop duo AMIAYA.
Check out Anne-Marie’s story here:
“Disney and Beats are two really iconic brands and both have positive, feel-good messages,” said Anne-Marie.
“Growing up I used to sing along to all the Disney musicals and Beats headphones are my go-to for when I’m travelling on tour, so it’s a really exciting collaboration to be a part of for me. And, who doesn’t love Mickey Mouse?”
This campaign was shot by Maripol, a famed Polaroid photographer who recorded and influenced emerging artists that later embodied the creative scene of eighties New York. In addition to taking polaroids, she also filmed the collaboration and talent with a vintage camera to capture the nostalgic sentiment key to Disney’s magic.
Pricing and Retail
Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones – Mickey Mouse’s 90th Anniversary Edition – Gray (£279.95) will be available for purchase at Apple.com and Apple stores and Disney.com, starting November 11, 2018.
Visit beatsbydre.com for more information.