In the new issue of Attitude, out now, we've bring you all you need to know about the glamorous musical soap opera that's been dubbed 'TV's guiltiest pleasure,' Empire
It's four pages of Empire
goodness - but we had to share this little tidbit with our readers online.
's I'll-cut-you matriarch Cookie sashayed out of jail in a fur coat, we knew straight away that she was not a bitch to mess with. And just wait until the season finale when you see her and arch rival Anika get down to some serious cat-fighting on a pool table. Here to celebrate TV’s newest superb itch (Soz Alexis Colby, babes, you’re so 80s), we present Cookie’s bitchiest put-downs!
1) Cookie on how she and Lucious got together:
“He tried to out-dance me, girl. Next thing I know, we got three sons.”
2) After throwing her stiletto at her poor put-upon assistant, she roars:
“Porsha, get my damn shoe!”
3) When she discovers that singer Tiana’s been caught in a lesbian tryst:
“All right, look, girl — I don’t judge. But you’s a freak — and that’s a good thing. We can sell that.”
4) When she walks in to gay son Jamal’s apartment:
“For a queen, you sure do keep a messy place. What you need is a good maid up in here.”
5) Cookie tells Lucious there will be no repeat performances of their fling unless he dumps his fiancess Anika:
“Get rid of fake-ass Halle Berry. As long as she’s around, I’m closed for business.”
6) When, in a bitchy spat, Hakeem’s girlfriend Camilla says ‘I’m not one of your jailbird mates, OK?’, Cookie spits back:
“I wish you were. You probably would’ve made a good bitch for me — you look like you got a long tongue.”
7) Cookie’s not happy about her son’s older lover expressing her opinion about his music career:
“Oh, I get it. So Yoko Ono here wants to play on the song, too. Well, what can you do Yoko — can you play the tambourine?”
8) Again when Lucious wants more than Cookie wants to give she says;
“You want Cookie’s nookie? Ditch the bitch!”
9) In another war of words with Anika, she says as she storms off:
“Oh, and Anika, THIS is an ass.”
Cookie, we love you. Please don't hurt us.
You can read our full, four-page Empire feature in our jam-packed June issue of Attitude, which is available to download to your mobile, iPad or tablet device now at Pocketmags.com/Attitude.
The issue is in shops now and you can also have it delivered directly to your door at newsstand.co.uk.