How do I convert my civil partnership to a marriage?

If you were civil partnered before the law and want to upgrade it to a marriage you can do so. And it’s easy to do! There are two types of conversion you can opt for. 1) The standard conversion All you have to do is visit a register office and complete a declaration with details about you and your civil partnership. On the day you will need:
  • evidence of your name and date of birth (current passports or birth certificates)
  • evidence of your address - recent Council Tax or utilities bill and an original civil partnership certificate
2)  A two stage process This is where you have the conversion followed by a ceremony. Again you will require:
  • evidence of date of birth, address and original partnership certificate
  • plus organize a ceremony at a registry office, approved venues, religious buildings that are registered for the marriage of same sex couples.
Fees The full fee for the conversion is £45. love2 More stories: Check out all the highlights from Tel Aviv Pride Stephen Fry and Dr Christian slam NHS decision not to fund PrEP