Don't know where to head for a night on the tiles this weekend? Well you're in luck, because London's top 10 gay venues have been revealed.
The Royal Vaxhall Tavern, which is currently being threatened with closure despite the building being granted listed status last year, top the list compiled by Yelp
, the online urban guide and app
Other venues included the capital's iconic Heaven nightclub, hipster hotspot Dalston Superstore and that old bear favourite, XXL.
The future of the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, which is south London's oldest gay venue and has catered to the LGBT community since the Second World War, will soon be decided after Lambeth Council's public consultation on its future finishes today (July 1). To find out more about how you can help click here
Christoph Nagel, Community Director for Yelp London, said of the result: "London rightly prides itself on having a great variety of nightlife, included is a plethora of diverse LGBT bars and clubs. Our list is designed to highlight to Londoners and visitors alike, the very best places to dance into the small hours.
"Today we are naming the legendary Royal Vauxhall Tavern, complete with all the drag and camp entertainment you could ever want and need, as London's best LGBT club."
Take a look at the top 10 below:
10) West 5 Bar
- Popes Lane, South Ealing W5 4NT
9) Two Brewers
- 114 Clapham High Street, London SW4 7UJ
8) G.A.Y. Late - 5 Goslett Yard, London WC2H OEA
7) The Eagle - 349 Kennington Lane, London SE11 5QY
- No 1 Invicta Plaza, London, SE1 9UF
5) The Village - 81 Wardour Street, Soho, London W1D 6QD
4) Dalston Superstore - 117 Kingsland High Street, London E8 2PB
3) Heaven - Villiers Street, London WC2N 6NG
2) Ku Bar & Club - 30 Lisle Street, London WC2H 7BA
1) Royal Vauxhall Tavern - 372 Kennington Lane, London SE11 5HY
All images: Yelp
Words: Darren Mew
Gay YouTube star Calum McSwiggan caused his own injuries following arrest, police say
London commuters stand up to homophobia in public and it’s amazing – WATCH