Madonna hits back after Manchester Rebel Heart Tour controversy

Madonna has today posted a lengthy statement on Instagram regarding last night's Rebel Heart Tour stop in Manchester, which was cut short after the Queen of Pop arrived on stage almost an hour late. The 57-year-old explained during the show that technical troubles behind the scenes had been the result of the delay, before telling fans, "If you diva bitches keep complaining about it, don’t come to my show," but took to Instagram this afternoon to insist that she did the best she could under circumstances that were beyond her control. madonna2 "FACTS: its good to have them before you jump to conclusions!" the Living for Love singer wrote, before explaining that she actually broke the venue's original curfew of 11pm in order to put on as much of the show as possible. "The Entire video for my show crashed as I arrived for sound check. The back up file was corrupt. We had no choice but to reboot and pray for a good outcome," she continued. "The video lights 75 % of my show. We cant play in the dark. We were rebooted and ready by 9:30 even though we planned to go on earlier. "I had to make cuts in show before show started. 'Dress you Up' was one of them and my 3rd guitar song. This still brought us past the 11:00 curfew! But we went on and the venue was kind enough to extend till 11:39!! "It was there choice not mine to end the show!! always want to finish. So we all missed the last 3 songs! And I'm sorry about that. And i thank all my Rebel Heart fans for understanding! We did our best! And we still had to pay a fine! That life. "PS you still got to see an amazing show. And only missed. 12 minutes!! The #rebelhearttour goes on". Indeed it does: Madge will take to the stage in Birmingham tomorrow night (December 16) before moving on to Glasgow this Sunday (December 20). More stories: Channing Tatum drags up as Beyonce for 'Lip Sync Battle' season 2 NBA referee comes out as gay after player makes on-court slur