Words: Brian Leonard; Image: Gymshark
In partnership with Gymshark
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED (08/07/22)
Pride season is officially upon us, and to help us take even more pride in our fitness progress, Gymshark are offering the opportunity to win a Gymshark gift card (in the form of a digital code) up to the value of £250 (two hundred and fifty pounds sterling) to spend on their incredible range of clothing and acessories.
The famed apparel brand will also be giving away a copy of Strong - the debut book from 'World's Strongest Gay' and Gymshark athlete Rob Kearney - to the winner.
Fitness and sports can give an incredible sense of purpose and belonging, but often LGBTQ people can feel barriers to participation.
This summer, Gymshark are helping to smash those barriers with a series of short films celebrating the apparel company's LGBTQ+ family, from their unique journeys of identity and love to their battles, their successes and their progress.
All you need to do for your chance to win is to enter using the form below (competition closes on 7 July 2022 - full terms and conditions below).
Speaking to Attitude last month about what inspired the message of Strong, Rob Kearney explained: "Self-acceptance and self-realization. These are the real keys to unlocking your ultimate potential. The title, Strong, is important because people always think of it as physical, whereas actually it comes from within yourself.
He continued: "I actually have a tattoo on my arm – inner strength. Self-belief and self-confidence are so much more important than the things we can physically do. They help us become who we truly are, that you never knew even existed."
By taking part in this prize draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, then you should not take part in this prize draw.
THE PRIZE DRAW
- The promoter is Gymshark Ltd of GSHQ Blythe Valley Park, 3 Central Boulevard, Solihull, United Kingdom, B90 8AB (“we”, “us”, “our”).
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram and/or Tik Tok and by participating in this prize draw you agree to a complete release of Instagram and/or Tik Tok from any claims arising out of or in connection with this prize draw.
HOW TO ENTER
- On 14 July 2022 we will announce the prize draw via our Instagram account @Gymshark and/or Tik Tok account (@Gymshark) and Gymshark’s e-news letter.
- To enter the prize draw you must fill in the form on the Attitude website (above) between [04:00 GMT] on June 06 2022 (“opening date”) and [04:00 GMT] on July 7 2022 (“closing date”).
- Entries that are late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for a technical or other reason will not be accepted.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over to participate in the prize draw.
- We reserve the right to ask any winner to provide proof of age.
- Our employees (and their immediate family) and those of our group companies, or anyone directly associated with us or the administration of the prize draw, are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
- Entrants must have a valid email address, a valid Instagram/Twitter/Facebook account, and internet connection to participate in the prize draw.
- Entrants must also reside within countries eligible to receive deliveries from us – if you reside within a country in which we cannot deliver, you are ineligible to participate in the prize draw. You can find this information here.
- In entering the prize draw, you agree and hereby confirm that: i) your entry is original, has not been copied and/or does not otherwise infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and (ii) your entry does not cause, or is unlikely (in our reasonable
- opinion) to cause distress and/ or offense to any person, group of people and/or the public.
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- We reserve all rights (at our sole discretion) to decide if the eligibility criteria is met and/or to disqualify you from the prize draw and remove your entry post if: (i) your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw, or (ii) in our opinion you've breached any of these terms and conditions.
- The will receive: (i) a Gymshark gift card (in the form of a digital code) up to the value of £250 (two hundred and fifty pounds sterling) or local currency equivalent if the winner resides outside of the UK; and (ii) a copy of the book Strong by Rob Kearney by email and post respectively, within 30 days of being notified of their win.
- The winners should allow up to 30 days for delivery of the prize.
- The prize is subject to winner confirmation (i.e. we can contact the winner and can confirm eligibility). The winner must also provide us with their full name, a valid postal address and a valid email address in order to claim the prize.
- The prize is personal to the winner and can’t be gifted, transferred or sold and no cash alternative is offered.
- We reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
HOW IS A WINNER SELECTED?
- A winner will be selected by random draw performed by a computer process.
- Our decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner will be notified via email shortly following the closing date.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner does not respond to the email within 30 days of being notified by us, then they will forfeit their prize and we may offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
- We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation we will send the surname and county of the winner to anyone who emails a request to [email protected] within 1 month after the closing date.
- If you have an objection to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please email us at [email protected] In such circumstances, we must still provide the information to the relevant authority on request.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the prize (or any part of it) if a winner breaches any of these terms and conditions or if they are found to have acted in a dishonest or fraudulent manner.
PUBLICITY & DATA PROTECTION
- We may re-post, re-tweet, publicise and otherwise use any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio or any other materials that you post in relation to the prize draw (including as part of the entry process or as part of a prize) or if you tag or mention @Gymshark in any such content, whether via the same platform that you posted or shared the content, as well as via other social media platforms that we use, and on our websites. We will contact you should we wish to do this.
- If you are a winner, we will contact you with further details if we want to get you involved in any publicity and/or events that we have planned.
- We will only process your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can read at https://uk.gymshark.com/pages/gymshark-privacy-notice and as set out in these terms and conditions with regard to the announcement of the winner and fulfilment, delivery and arrangement of the prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our affiliates, agents, distributors, representatives and/or employees will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking part in this prize draw and/or taking up the prize except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our affiliates, agents, distributors, representatives and/or that of our employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- These terms and conditions will be governed by laws of England and Wales.
- We and you each agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.